Thursday, May 5, 2011

best friend's quilt

Innocent Crush quilt top by missmamiegirl

Fabric: Innocent Crush by Anna Maria Horner.
This is the quilt top for my best friend, Kristina. This fabric line was the first big batch of "designer" fabric i bought knowing I was taking the "designer" plunge. i had always bought fabric but never consciously buying from a specific line. The pattern for the quilt is called Sister something, I picked it up at my local quilt shop totally unknowing what it would one day be and knowing very little about quilting. I didn't have the knowledge way back when I bought it. didnt know that it was a strip quilt and not blocks but didn't care, I was just going for it! Ha! I adore blocks so much now that I wonder if I had done it differently with what I know now but do not regret it because I am in love with it now. It represents my learning of fabrics and piecing. Also, the fact that I will eventually be giving my best friend this quilt, makes me so happy. I finished the top months ago and I am just now working on the backing, after making a few of other smaller quilts. We shall see how long it takes me to actually finish this but I am hoping to make it priority.

  by missmamiegirl

on a whim, i decided to sit down and sew a log cabin block. i went through my fabric and realized how perfect the castle peeps fabric would be for a log cabin block. after making my first one i was in love and sat trying to think of what i was going to make out of it and for who. i was so excited when i thought of my friend meghan and her 2 1/2 year old son. 4 blocks later, i am officially going to make a mini quilt with minkie backing for Aiden. yay!

i know this post is all crafty, but i figure i would focus on one thing at a time per post since i tend to carry on in my posts. ha!
tomorrow is friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment