Sunday, January 9, 2011

well, i haven't been updating my flickr and blog half as much as i would like to. 2011 just started though, so i still have a shot. ha. i dont even really like my blog layout but working on a half ass laptop doesn't inspire hours of photo shop fun.
yesterday i worked on the quilt i am making for my best friends daughter. im really excited about it, only because i am using bright colors as opposed to the normal pinks and pastels that one would normaly lean towards. i dont even know the "style" of quilt it would be, i kind of just cut 8 different fabrics into triangles and sewing them together to make a block. the only photo i have of progress is a really crappy iphone photo so i chose to not share it. (its bad) haha. as i do with every quilt i attempt to make, i am almost positive that i will get the quilt top and backing done, then baste and thats it. binding scares me. i am not a confident binder. i wish i had someone close to me to help me with it. i have 2 quilts (one for my mom and one for me) that site, folded up but not binded. i have watched and read about 100 different binding tutorials, but still i fear. i am hoping once i get my sewing table put together, i will jump into binding them both. anyways....

i will end this with a photo (from my iphone) of my favorite bin of fabric. i just like looking at it. haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment